When you buy or sell a property there are certain notices that need to be served by your conveyancer. These notices need to be paid for by the vendor or the purchaser.

Your conveyancer is responsible for contacting the Freeholder of the property in order to establish what the requirements are. The conveyancer should also contact the Freeholder to check the status of the ground rent account and whether there are any breaches of the lease. It is important for these steps to be carried out because if there are no consents, e.g. for an extension to the property, then you may not be able to sell the property in the future. If the conveyancer does not check the status of the ground rent account then the purchaser may be liable for up to six years of ground rent Arrears.

For more information on our fees, please click here.

Please note that Landmark Collections Ltd only deals with Ground Rent issues. Management Company questions should be re-directed to the managing agent.